In February, I flew to Oakland to drop off the newest member of the family to my Mom. She is very cute and sweet, a great sleeper, and likes to chew on my Mom's plants. Her name is Lola. . .
Lola was very good on the airplane; I don't think any of the other passengers even knew she was under my seat. Bear and Lola had a rough beginning, but eventually they decided they should be snuggle buddies:
Everyone likes a good snuggle sometimes.I was sad to leave Lola in the Bay Area to come back home, but she has some very loving caregivers there. Also, Will and I realized that we are not yet cut out to be puppy parents. The few days we took care of Lola in Utah for my Mom, we spoiled her terribly. We put her in a crate the first night for about 45 seconds, until her crying grew unbearably plaintive and promptly put her in bed with us. What can I say, we're not good at tough love.
Then, in mid-March, we got to take a long-awaited trip to NYC! We've really missed it and had a great time doing a lot of fun New York activities, including:
Isn't she a beautiful dog?
3) Tea parties at Alice's Tea Cup:
4) Avoiding angering the cats:
It was really nice to have a little break and to stay with Will's family for a while; it recharged us for the last 3 months of Will's internship. Now we get to worry about moving and financial aid and all of that fun stuff. All I can say is I'd better get a bunch of burritos once we move to California. My motto for the summer: All burritos, all the time.
5 comments:
Come down here and visit us. We'll get you some great Southern California mexi-burritos. I promise.
You're back! With BABY GIRAFFES!!! The only thing compensating for your lack of postage.
When does Lola get a featured side-bar box? I know the reason you are coming to visit Stanford next month is to see Lola!
You're alive! I missed you updates! So happy that little Lola is happy and well. Armani... well, he's a crazy man. :) You should come play soon. We sure do miss you. I agree with your mom that Lola need's a side bar. Hope all is well!
What week were you in NYC? Jerry and I were there too, the last couple of days of March and the first of April. Crazy Aztec fans that we are we flew back to watch them lose in MSG...but we had a lot of fun and as I was wandering around, I wondered to myself, "I wonder if Will's parents live near any of these places I am walking by?"
Post a Comment