First of all, I though I'd share our news. Will was able to transfer his residency to Stanford so I can start law school next fall. We will be moving (again...) in late June/early July to the Bay Area. I'm really excited, I haven't lived there in six years. California, here we come!
We've been having a lot of fun in Utah. We went backpacking in Zion National Park in October and it was gorgeous. The weather was perfect, we got to use all our new camping stuff, and it was nice to get away for a while.

The trail we hiked had amazing vistas (once we got out of the controlled burn area). It was really great to be surprised as we walked along by these kinds of canyons. Also, it was my first backpacking trip. I think I did a really good job (and Will agrees).

We also experienced a Utah Halloween. People here love themselves some Halloween. We didn't have any decorations so people started anonymously putting pumpkins, cutesy wood witches, and reflective ghosts and pumpkins in/on our yard/porch. I got the message and figured the least we could do was carve pumpkins. Mine is the friendly one. Will's may have had a stroke.
.jpg)
We had a great Thanksgiving. We went up to Logan and spent it with Will's aunt, uncle, grandparents, and cousins. Then, we had a second "Thanksgiving" tonight with a different aunt, uncle, and cousins. Also, I fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with a puppy. Her name is Lexi and she's perfect. Her coat is so soft and she likes to give kisses. These pictures might be Daily Puppy material.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Too many puppy pictures? Is that even possible? I think it's funny that we went to two Thanksgiving dinners with a truckload of family and the only pictures we have are of puppies. That's just how we roll.
4 comments:
That is an adorable puppy. One day...when we're all grown up...Jake and I will get a puppy. I'm excited that you have a blog! And that's fun news that you'll be heading back to California for law school. I've heard great things from my siblings and a bunch of my friends who lived in the Stanford vicinity. Plus you can't beat the California weather, especially after the long Utah winter.
Okay, so I just posted under Jake's gmail account name. This is Joanna.
I love pictures, aren't they worth a thousand words? That's what I thought. I love your blog! that's great that you are going back to California, your mom must be sooooo happy.
Janna: Yes, my Mom is happy. Though she might get tired of us after a year or so; she's not used to me living so close!
Post a Comment