
Last weekend we went to see the lights at Temple Square. It actually was not too cold, though we did have to battle through hordes of strollers to get around.

Neither Will nor I had ever seen the lights before, and believe me they are a sight to behold! I can't imagine how long it takes the workers to get them all up, though when Will and I went to the temple at the very beginning of November, they were already starting. The most beautiful part (which, of course, we didn't take a picture of) was the floating "candles" they had around a nativity scene in the reflecting pool.

Today, both Will and I had the day off so we did errands and cleaned and then we got a Christmas tree. I know it probably seems early to many of you, but my family has a tradition of going to get a tree the day after Thanksgiving, so I have been waiting (patiently) for a week now!

Will was a great decorator. His one request was a garland on the mantle and he actually fashioned that himself from bottom of the tree/castoff branches. It looks great (though you can't really tell in this picture).

Will and I both love Christmas songs, so we went out and bought a guitar book of Christmas carols and sang some as we decorated our little house. Christmas music is the best. Though, I realize every Christmas season how much of my memory is taken up with still-memorized Christmas carols. Oh well, I'm sure it's a freakish talent that will come in handy someday!
3 comments:
I LOVE Christmas! Aren't the lights at Temple Square beautiful?
I can't believe you, of all people, cheated. I'm shocked.
Joanna: Yes, they are beautiful! Although the lights at the Oakland temple will always be my sentimental favorite.
Preethi: I am so sorry. I will hang my head in shame. I blame it on Thanksgiving being so late this year! It was too hard to wait!
Post a Comment