- You always have more stuff in the kitchen than you think. Always. The kitchen will eat you alive
- I don't clean out my toaster enough, as evidenced by the mound of crumbs I dumped out before packing said appliance.
- Save appliance boxes, especially if you know you're moving within the year. I could just kick August 2008 Rachel. I'm very mad at her.
- I have no off switch once I start a project. I had the whole week to pack and here I am on Wednesday, staring at boxes without even a knife with which to cut a lemon.
- Don't ever buy ketchup from Costco. I know it's tempting, but unless you have >4 children and you're planning on eating a lot of hamburgers and hot dogs you won't finish it. Or maybe we don't eat enough ketchup.
- It does feel good to have the packing all done. . .until the unpacking starts
P.S. Today is my birthday. I am a quarter-century old. . .practically ancient. If I can't announce that on my blog, where can I?

4 comments:
Ancient? If you are ancient, what does that make me, your older sister?
Happy Birthday... And ancient. Oh please. :) Love you guys!
I missed your birthday. I hope it was a great one! Packing, blah. No fun. Another thing about packing the kitchen is that everything is so oddly shaped that it doesn't fit well in boxes. It's like a huge 3-D jigsaw puzzle.
I think you need a new post!! Don't you have pictures from NYC
Post a Comment