8.09.2009

What I've been doing on my summer vacation

I thought the lavender was beautiful.

I've been having a relaxing summer, though Will (as always) is working hard in the hospital. In his free time, we've been exploring Stanford and the South Bay. One day we went to the Rodin Sculpture Garden and a cactus garden on campus.


I've also been developing my (near-absent) homemaking skills. I made strawberry ice cream from scratch (using strawberries from our CSA share).


Will approved of the ice cream

I've also been sewing. So far, I have made these pillowcases, a wrap skirt (that I will post pictures of once I figure out how to keep it closed) and a toiletries bag. It's been really fun to be making things, even though I will never be as talented as my Mom and Grandma were in their heyday!


Sorry, I couldn't get this picture to turn around.

Close-up of the trim. I guess I was in a paisley mood when I went to the fabric store!

We also took a quick (but fraught with travel troubles) trip to NYC for Will's cousin Paul's wedding to the lovely Allison. We forgot our camera, but suffice it to say they looked handsome/beautiful and madly in love (so, in short, a perfect wedding!).

2 comments:

Maren said...

You are quite the homemaker these days Rachel...That ice cream looks amazingly tasty! Lucky husband you have.

deena said...

I'm impressed and thanks for the posts so that I can delay doing my work!