
I know some of you out there may be wondering what has happened to me. Well my friends, law school has swallowed me. Not that it's killing me or taking every waking second of my life, but let's just say blogging (which I was never very good at) has not been a priority. It's not bad or wonderful, it's just very law school-y. Yes, that's a word now. Deal with it.
Until today! Something happened today that I think demonstrates well what law school has done to me. A little background first though. At the beginning of the year, in an effort to promote sustainability and all that jazz, the school gave us red stainless steel water bottles (like the one pictured above). They don't say "Palm Tree Travel," though. They say SLS. We were encouraged to use these bottles instead of bottled water, and I have happily complied (I'm all for staying hydrated).
Fast-forward to today. I'm sitting in contracts, learning about the objective theory of assent (don't ask, you'll wish you didn't) and I realize I'm really thirsty. I reach for my water bottle, unscrew it, and take a BIG gulp. As I'm drinking, I think, "Hmm, it smells a lot like coffee in here (which isn't all that unusual), but it's really strong. . .how strange." One second later, I realize why it smells so much like coffee. It's because I'm drinking out of the bottle of the sweet girl sitting next to me and that bottle is filled with room temperature black (I can only assume) coffee.
First of all, let me tell you coffee is BITTER. Plus it tastes like dirt. I've always liked the smell, but I guess it's an acquired taste. Next, I had to profusely apologize to my next-seat neighbor and then I proceeded to gag for 10 minutes. In contracts. Where I sit in the very middle of the room and have little to no opportunity for escape. I briefly considered running out to throw up in the bathroom, but I decided I could make it just gagging in my seat. I did manage to mitigate the horrible taste a little bit by gargling/swishing with water from my actual water bottle.
So that was my first (and probably only) taste of coffee. And that is what law school has done to me. I can tell you all about joint and several liability, but I can't manage to drink out of my own water bottle.
Oh dear.
Until today! Something happened today that I think demonstrates well what law school has done to me. A little background first though. At the beginning of the year, in an effort to promote sustainability and all that jazz, the school gave us red stainless steel water bottles (like the one pictured above). They don't say "Palm Tree Travel," though. They say SLS. We were encouraged to use these bottles instead of bottled water, and I have happily complied (I'm all for staying hydrated).
Fast-forward to today. I'm sitting in contracts, learning about the objective theory of assent (don't ask, you'll wish you didn't) and I realize I'm really thirsty. I reach for my water bottle, unscrew it, and take a BIG gulp. As I'm drinking, I think, "Hmm, it smells a lot like coffee in here (which isn't all that unusual), but it's really strong. . .how strange." One second later, I realize why it smells so much like coffee. It's because I'm drinking out of the bottle of the sweet girl sitting next to me and that bottle is filled with room temperature black (I can only assume) coffee.
First of all, let me tell you coffee is BITTER. Plus it tastes like dirt. I've always liked the smell, but I guess it's an acquired taste. Next, I had to profusely apologize to my next-seat neighbor and then I proceeded to gag for 10 minutes. In contracts. Where I sit in the very middle of the room and have little to no opportunity for escape. I briefly considered running out to throw up in the bathroom, but I decided I could make it just gagging in my seat. I did manage to mitigate the horrible taste a little bit by gargling/swishing with water from my actual water bottle.
So that was my first (and probably only) taste of coffee. And that is what law school has done to me. I can tell you all about joint and several liability, but I can't manage to drink out of my own water bottle.
Oh dear.
5 comments:
Haha. And this is why I am not in law school...along with the fact that I'm not very law school-y. I prefer to know when I'm drinking out of my own water bottle.
Hahahahahahahaha. That is fabulous. Can we please commiserate soon?
It's a good thing it was black. If it had cream and sugar, you might have liked it.
Haha, that's awful!!
Funniest post ever! I would love to have seen somebody post a video of your face at that instant!
Glad you're surviving, it does strange things to people....
Post a Comment