10.07.2010

My yearly blog entry...



I know, I am a horrible blogger. I sometimes forget I have a blog, but was reminded today when my Aunt Janna commented on my last post from October 20th 2009...at least I have loyal readers/commenters!

The most exciting news around here is that we're expecting a baby boy in December. We are so excited, and I am getting bigger by the day.


Me at 23 weeks

Me at 29 weeks

We also went to New York in August to spend time with Will's family. Fun was had by all, including Ruby the dog.

Speaking of Ruby, she was recently featured in a dog tutu advertisement on gilt.com. We're glad her fame hasn't gone to her head and she still deigns to spend time with us.

While in New York, we spent time in the Adirondacks and at the farm as
well as in the city.

Us at Indian Head. (21 weeks)

We're also glad that Laney is back in the Bay Area to go on fun adventures with us! These pictures were taken when we took a picnic to Half Moon Bay one Sunday afternoon.



Lest you be alarmed by the beverage I am drinking above, let me assure you that these few sips have constituted about half of my Diet Coke intake during the pregnancy. I have replaced my beloved DC with sparkling/seltzer/soda water, which Laney has deemed "disgusting."


It was also Will's birthday! I made him a chocolate cake with raspberry filling that was to die for. I know, I wrote the words on the cake in the wrong order. I think you all are smart enough to pick up what I'm putting down. I trust you.


Will decided to invite to his birthday party his favorite Bay Area-ans, my parents (not pictured) and Lola and Bear (pictured, obviously). The dogs were quite excited to visit our apartment, though I think they were a little confused.


That's about it for us. Just plugging along with school and having nightly talks with the baby about when it would be appropriate to make his appearance (hint:after finals).

P.S. I am going to try to be a better blogger after the baby comes, but I have a fear of random people on the internet (even though sometimes I am that random person...) Anyway, this is all to say that I am going to make the blog private after the baby is born. If you want to read it, either e-mail me or leave your e-mail in a comment. I promise, I won't be freaked out if you've never commented (because I totally do that) or if we only knew each other for like 5 mins 10 years ago (I do that too) and really, who actually reads this yearly blog anyways?!

5 comments:

Tori B said...

First of all, I read your blog. There. I said it. So happy to have that out in the open.

Secondly, I neeeeeeed to see the baby pictures. When I am not seeing the baby in person. Therefore, please add me to the private blog list.

Lastly, I am proud of you. Way to blog it up.

Maren said...

I read it!!!! Pick me, pick me!!! Please put me on your private readership list...I'm so over being pregnant, how about you?

Preethi said...

a) Please add me.

b) Before I even clicked on the link, I knew it had to be a smitten recipe. Because those are the only cake recipes we make.

c) I can't wait for our boys to meet. :)

d) I, too, gave Nat nightly pep talks about waiting until AFTER class ended. He was very cooperative, and even gave me a lovely and relaxing weekend after to prep and decompress so that I didn't have to go straight from the business school building to the hospital.

e) Please blog more!

Kris said...

Congratulations on baby boy! I know, that congratulations is LONG overdue, but alas, I only get yearly blog updates :) We'd love to keep up on your life and see pictures of baby boy when he arrives. And let us know next time you're in NYC, we'd love to see you!

kristilynngibson (at) gmail (dot) com

Abaker said...

This is Amanda, Laney's friend! I read your blog! Especially since Laney doesn't update hers anymore, I need some way to get some McClain updates. :) Plus, I want to see baby pictures!

amanda.nichole.baker@gmail.com