An Overachiever's Gingerbread CastleI (foolishly) thought, considering it was the last four hours of a four day long event that I would be among the few stragglers there. I even worried that some of the trees might not be up.
A really cool tree made out of glass. It also had a light show in time to some festive musicMy friends, I could not have been more wrong. I realized this as I pulled up to the Expo Center and saw the back-up caused by people trying to pull into the parking lot. I was lucky enough to find a spot rather quickly, though I did have to wait for a while for a family to figure out how exactly to collapse their stroller.
A Twilight Christmas Tree. I'm sure it would be more intriguing if I knew the first thing about Twilight.The trees filled up a whole Expo Center. For some reason, I had a picture of this event being held in some anteroom, but it was the real center. That's a lot of Christmas, believe you me.
Shout out to Laney and Ronika. This tree was entitled, "We're All in This Together."There were also a lot of people. I felt a little conspicuous, being sans husband/gaggle of children, but I soon got over it as I realized it allowed me to navigate much more easily.
There were quite a few (15, perhaps?) golf-themed trees, but I thought this one was the most creative. I wonder if they ruined the clubs when they made it or if they are still usable.Also, I think the New Yorker in me came out as I didn't subscribe to the slowly parading line theory of navigating the display. I rocked it Manhattan style and just walked down the middle of the lane, looking at both sides at once. Yes, I am a rebel.
It's a Marshmallow World in the Winter. . . This tree reminded me of my crowning choreography achievement: SFGC Camp 2004 Banquet Medley.And, speaking of Marshmallow Worlds:
The snow has indeed come to cover the ground. Though I can't say I truly wait for it the whole year round.P.S. Upon leaving the Expo Center, I was stalked for my parking space by some youths in a silver Mazda Miata, Costco-style. Only in Utah. . .
1 comment:
I've heard of the Feastival of Trees but never been. It looks like fun. Ah, and the Utah snow. Beautiful but oh so cold.
Post a Comment